WHY SIDE STREAM FILTRATION IS REQUIRED IN COOLING WATER SYSTEM
- Filtration to remove suspended matter from water by collecting the solids on a porous medium.
- Both in line filtration for make up water and side stream filtration process reduces suspended solids to an acceptable level.
- Side Stream Filtration is used in recirculating type cooling water system.
- Hold up volume of system should be filtered once in 50 Hours.
- Filtration removes debris and precipitated solids produced due to chemical addition and also by concentration of precipitate.
BACTERIAL AND MIRCO BIOLOGICAL CONTROL IN COOLING WATER SYSTEM
MICROBIOLOGICAL ORGANISM ENTER THE COOLING TOWER SYSTEM THROUGH MAKEUP WATER AND AIR BORN PARTICULATES.
Deposits on heat transfer surface conributes to localized corrossion process . Loosened deposits can block and foul pipe line and heat
transfer surfaces. It also provides nutrient growth for bacteria.
Proliferate to high number and foul heat exchanger surfaces.
- Legionella bacteria causes health hazards.
- Sulphate reducing bacteira can reduce sulphate to hydrogen sulphide which causes corrossive pitting
Side Stream Dual Media or Sand Filters (Permanent Media Filters) . Typical Filter can remove suspended contaminants down to 10 μm.
For Low suspended solids use multimedia filters.
For higher suspended solids use pre filtration. Auto back wash strainers which can remove foreign particles down to 25 μm