Vertical Bayonet Steam Heated
IEC vertical bayonet style vaporizers are high-quality chemical evaporation systems. They are versatile enough to be used for a variety of process liquids in a wide variety of plants, they come with the option of ASME U-stamp.
IEC FABCHEM has constructed over 500 vertical bayonet
vaporizer systems for a wide ranging catalog of process fluids
Some of the more common applications are:
• Tri-methyl amine
• Di-methyle amine
• Tri-fluoro acetyl chloride
• C3-C6 Hydrocarbons (including LPG)
• Carbon Dioxide
• Silicon Tetrachloride
• Sulfur Dioxide
IEC manufactures vertical bayonet style vaporizers using
carbon steel, stainless steels, and speciality alloys such as Hastelloy
B/C series and Inconel grades. The unique bayonet (tube in tube)
construction provides some key benefits over horizontal type vaporizers.
• Anti-freeze safety. Incoming steam (or other heating fluid) continuously heats outgoing condensate.
• Superheat. Integral superheat capability may be provided.
• Small Footprint. Vertical equipment occupies significantly less plot space than horizontal options.
• Unlimited Turndown. The unit can operate at turndown approaching 100%.
• Low Holdup Volume. The retained liquid volume is much smaller than alternative designs.
• Capacity Control. The vaporization rate and liquid level are self-regulating with downstream demand.
• Free tube expansion and contraction. Thermal stress is eliminated because tubes are only fixed at one end.
Left: Bayonet style 500kg Cl2 vaporizer Right: Bayonet style 3000 kg Cl2 vaporizer
Side skirt supported design
Bayonet type vaporizer skid installed at site
3 x 2000 kg/hour steam heated chlorine vaporizer for a client in North India.
IEC’s first steam heated vaporizer
100 kg /hr steam heated LPG vaporizer for L&T powai, Mumbai for a heat treatment furnace application-Year 1975
- Vertical Bayonet Steam Heated
- Chemical Vaporizer